img height="1" width="1" style="display:none;" alt="" src="https://ct.pinterest.com/v3/?event=init&tid=2614148537334&pd[em]=&noscript=1"/> Accéder au contenu principal

THE RAIN

Rain, at first glance, makes me think of sadness. It's true that when it rains, you don't necessarily want to go out and get soaked. Yet rain can be beautiful to watch, seeing the waves crashing during storms by the sea is impressive.

Rain brings to mind the song from the animated film Bambi, "The Rain Song".

It's rain that allows crops to grow and plants to thrive. There are countries that lack water, rain is water, and they need it to live, so it's essential. With global warming, the problem is that the rain arrives in excessive quantities all at once (floods) or, conversely, not enough. Rain is life!

But how can we cope with these disruptions and have enough rain, regularly, to be able to live properly on our planet? I look up.

Outside, it's gray, it's the end of Autumn.

Through the window, I see a tree still proudly displaying its last golden leaves. It seems to be fighting against this gloomy weather.

Look, a large cloud, drifting on the wind, my mind wanders, then splash and splat on the glass. The rain beats against the windowpane at regular intervals. I think, It's relaxing.

I listen to the sounds around me, the cars driving on the asphalt, I hear the sound of quick footsteps that seem to be fleeing for shelter.

Now the rain dances and seems to be getting agitated, it rushes against the windowpane. It pours down as if to say, wake up, enough is enough, I can't take it anymore.

We complain about it, yet it's essential to life, we need it for our crops.

Rain is a lifesaver for many people struggling with drought.

Recent news have revealed another reality: climate change, which reminds us that the rain can also be destructive.

Waiting without rain is like sailing without an anchor.

There's no getting around it, when the sun is out, I'm a dunce. The weather dictates my concentration.

And of course it changes with the seasons.

I like the rain when I'm warm at home. I move forward, listening to its sound on the roof.

It's because I have always looked forward to Winter.

To finally find my footing and take the time to think.

In the morning, I leave the house and notice the sky has darkened. I hope I'll make it to the bus stop before the rain starts. I don't want to be soaked all the day because I know that staying soaked could give me seakness, which would mean taking time off work.

But rain can also be relaxing.

I'm settled on the sofa in front of the TV, the rain falling on my window lulling me to sleep. I eventually drift off.

I used to love watching or listening to the rain drops, safe and sound behind the windows of an apartment, or in my warm bed.

I loved the smell that a summer thunderstorm leaves behind, and the unique light that the rain brings to landscapes when it stops.

And then I started thinking about the people who live on the streets. When it rains, I imagine them seeking shelter, a building entrance, a covered parking ... I also think of their soaked clothes... Now, whenever it rains, I always think to those people.

Does the rain make you wet?

This question might seem perplexing, but in some places, it can occupy conversations for a long time.

Because there's rain and then there's rain, and we know perfectly well how to distinguish between rain that makes you wet and rain that doesn't, and rain that requires an umbrella, a hat or a raincoat, and rain that leaves you bareheaded, and if, contrary to popular belief, it's not that it rains the most, it's certainly that we know the best how to talk about it. Just as there is dozens of words to describe all the shades of white, from wet rain to dry rain, we have no shortage of vocabulary to characterize its intensity.

It drizzles, it's a light drizzle, it's a trickle, it's a light mist, it's a light drizzle, it's a heavy downpour, a torrential downpour, a heavy rain...

And on the wettest days, you might even find someone exclaiming, "Well, look at that! It's really pouring today!" . 

Many poets have sung about the rain for children and adults. So many songs evoke the sadness of the rain, even Brassens song " TheUmbrella.

Many painters have managed to depict it superbly, as we were able to admire during a visit to museums.




Commentaires