Accéder au contenu principal

SPACE DISSOLVED



I opened the door

and there she was,

smiling as if the sun 

had finally broken the clouds.

"I'm feeling love " I said,

 she tilted her head,

feathering a question 

that teased my pride:

"Why must a woman always cook?".

I smiled, the quiet smile 

of a man who knows

irony is love's favorite trapdoor,

and answered:

"You feed the heart 

that takes refuge in a woman

and never leaves her alive."

She laughed, 

a sound like the air itself:

"A prisoner doesn't choose his cell.

You walked in and locked the door ,

don't pin the blame on me."

I closed the distance,

one step to launch my poem:

"I'm serving a life sentence, 

but life inside your arms

is the gentlest sentence ever written."

She raised her hand,

and something had begun:

"If you are the captive,

I am the judge of love.

My words are never discussed

except by a kiss."

Right there into poetry,

I drew her in my mind

like a warrior riding 

into a battle and whispered:

"And I dare you

to stay standing

when my hands touch yours

because touching you isn't fair play."

She laughed again,

a laugh that threw me

into her arms,

and the space between us dissolved.





Commentaires